Occupational therapy enables participation in activities of everyday life
Our team of occupational therapists are qualified and experienced in delivering occupational therapy to clients of all ages no matter their needs. We enable participation by supporting clients in early mobilisation, developmental milestones, restoring function and preventing further decline.
The team provides initial assessments of a person’s skill, ability and needs as well as monitoring function and progress. Below are some examples of the type of work we do to support people of all ages – children through to the elderly.
- Specialist interventions and acute mental health
- Assessing clients’ cognition, function and psychosocial needs
- Monitoring clients’ function and progress
- Support hospital discharge
- Developmental milestones, fine and gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Facilitating normal development and learning
- Sensory processing and sensitivities
- Play skills
- Daily living skills
- Visual skills for reading and writing
- Individual and group programs to enhance clients’ independence in everyday activities
- Developing coping strategies
- Improving clients’ confidence and self-esteem in social situations