Living life with Autism provides a unique set of opportunities.
- First the correct diagnosis. This can only be achieved using a number of different therapists and undertaking the assessment process over a number of visits.
- Second a positive relationship. This refers to the connection between the therapist and their client; a positive connection builds trust, rapport and respect without which significant progress cannot be made. Our team offers a 30-minute free meet and greet to see if we are the right team for you.
- Third is continuity of support. This refers to maintaining the same therapists and a regular appointment schedule which are critical to a person’s progress.
What are the early signs of autism?
If your child doesn’t:
- Make eye contact, such as looking at you when being fed or smiling when being smiled at
- Respond to his or her name, or to the sound of a familiar voice
- Follow objects visually or follow your gesture when you point things out
- Point or wave goodbye, or use other gestures to communicate
- Make noises to get your attention
- Initiate or respond to cuddling or reach out to be picked up
- Imitate your movements and facial expressions
- Play with other people or share interest and enjoyment
- Notice or care if you hurt yourself or experience discomfort
The most important thing to remember is, if you are concerned talk to your Pediatrician, General Practitioner or contact one of our team for a FREE 30 minute meet and greet.
Autism assessments identify difficulties and determine interventions.
Autism programs are more beneficial when they include a range of therapies – this is a multi-disciplinary approach.
Where an individual requires a number of areas of support we have a qualified team of speech, occupational, behavioural and psychology specialists as well as Nurse, GP and Paediatrician consultants to ensure the most effective program. Additionally, providing at home tasks and activities as well as school visits make up our comprehensive programs and ensure a consistent approach and therefore the best outcome.